Here are 10 benefits of having Scotchgard™ applied during the carpet cleaning process.
Click here to read about 'What you can’t see in your carpet'.
Top 10 reasons to clean your carpet all year round.
R&R Carpet Cleaning is proud to announce our newest carpet cleaning service offered to all our clients, Low Volume Moisture Carpet Cleaning. The Low Volume Moisture Carpet Cleaning method is a low moisture carpet cleaning method that scrubs the floor instead of using hot water or steam to extract the dirt.
Low Volume Moisture Cleaning Process:
1. Pre-Cleaning: Before cleaning the carpet, we will scrub the carpet fibers with a specially designed scrubbing pad to loosen up the stuck on dirt. This step will ensure we are removing the most amount of dirt and allegens in your carpet.
2. We then begin by vacuuming the carpeted area before treating the soiled or stained areas. Our vacuum is a powerful commercial grade vacuum, allowing us to extract loose dirt, deep within your carpet fibers.
3. Next, we pre-treat your carpet with a specially formulated green (safe for the environment and all your family members, big or small) cleaning solution. This specially formulated green cleaning solution starts cleaning the carpet fibers on contact. This special cleaning solution brings dirt and grime the surface of the carpet fibers, to easily be absorbed.
4. Once the cleaning solution has had a chance to attract the dirt and bring it to the carpet's surface, we use a Low Volume Moisture Cleaning machine to aggitate the carpet fibers and absorb the cleaning solution along with the dirt it attracted. This aggitation allong with our specially designed Low Volume Moisture cleaning pad allows us to absorb the dirt throughout your entire home without spreading or releasing the dirt.
We are committed to a safe and effective cleaning environment and because of that, we only use green carpet cleaning products with this machine, so you can rest assured, this carpet cleaning method is 100% safe for children and pets.
If you are curious about the Low Volume Moisture Cleaning method and if it's a right fit for your carpets, give us a call at 608-215-8820 and we will be happy to give you a free demonstration.
Before you can determine the best carpet for any specific situation, you must first have a basic understanding of the various types of carpet along with the benefits of each type. For instance, some types of carpets do better in high traffic areas than others. Some carpets have a more casual appearance while others look more formal.
Carpet is basically constructed in three types of piles: loop pile, cut pile and cut-n-loop. Cut-N-Loop, also known as patterned carpet, is a combination of both loop and cut yarns or variations of loops set to different pile heights.
Carpet manufacturers and fiber producers are combining softer fibers and better built-in stain resistance with special backings that block odors, spills and more! These types of features are built-in to many of the better quality carpets offered by the leading carpet manufacturers. Mohawk Carpets with SmartStrand and Shaw Carpets with SoftBac Platinum display some the major advancement in carpet construction technology.
Most carpet today is tufted, rather than woven. The tufting process is similar to using a large sewing machine that is about 13 feet wide with 100 of needles that sew the yarn into a synthetic backing. The majority of carpets sold today are made from nylon fibers twisted into yarns and then tufted into carpet.
How long a carpet will retain it is like new texture and appearance is based on the type of fiber, how tight the yarns are twisted and heat-set, and the pile density. Also, how tightly the tufts are packed together will also effect the long term durability of a carpet. Obviously, by not cleaning your carpets regularly, or by using improper cleaning methods will affect the appearance and life of your carpet as well.
Shown below is a description of how to choose the best carpet for your situation along with comparisons of different carpets plus the benefits of using carpet as compared to other flooring systems.
Carpeting Versus Hard Surfaces
* Carpet is available in many different styles, colors, and designs
* Carpet is an excellent acoustics and thermal insulator. It increases thermal comfort and at the same time decreases unwanted ambient noises.
* Carpet is certainly more comfortable to walk on, cushioning feet and reducing fatigue.
Things to Remember When Choosing Carpet
* The amount of traffic should determine the quality of carpet and padding you choose.
* Carpet in high traffic areas such as hallways and stairs will last longer with a textured high face weight cut pile with tightly twisted yarn or a high face weight loop pile.
* The quality of the padding is very important. Upgrade the padding to match the quality of the carpet being used. Do not fall for the free padding offer. UPGRADE!
* Less expensive carpet and padding can be used in areas where the traffic is less of a factor, such as bedrooms and closets.
Color and Pattern Considerations
* Color is typically the most difficult part of choosing carpet, there are many different colors to choose from.
* Lighter colors tend to brighten a room and make it appear to be larger. Darker colors tend to do the opposite.
* Patterns can also affect the apparent size of a room. Large patterns tend to make a room appear smaller while small patterns make a room appear larger.
* Patterns also help mask stains and wear.
* Always, take samples home to compare color and style to your room.
Types of Carpet
* There are three different methods for producing cut pile carpet-Wilton, Axminster, and tufted.
* Axminster is a weaving process where virtually any number of colors can be used. It is primarily used in high quality patterned wool carpet.
* Wilton is also a type of weave, usually containing up to five colors. The patterns are limited, but the Axminster process makes for a more durable carpet.
* Tufted is the most common type of carpet produced in the US today. Though relatively new, tufted carpet is simpler and less expensive to produce than Axminster and Wilton carpet.
Types of Yarn
* There are numerous types of yarn used today; some natural and some man made.
* Wool, nylon and polyester are the most popular.
* Each one offers different characteristics.
* There are three basic styles of carpet, Loop pile, Cut pile, and Cut-n-loop
* Loop pile carpet is continuously looped, and offers various textures.
* Cut pile carpet is made when the tops of the loops are sheered off.
* Cut-n- loop carpet is a combination of the two processes producing distinct patterns.
Now that you know what to look for in carpet, the next time you begin a flooring overhaul, you will be able to an educated selection instead of depending on the advice of a store clerk.
Important Tip :: When purchasing carpeting, you should buy the best-quality carpet you can afford, coupled with the highest quality padding. In fact, the padding that goes between the carpeting and the sub-flooring is as important as the choice of carpeting itself.
Padding provides softness and support, cuts down on noise and insulates the floor. Often referred to as "underlay" or "cushion," padding thickness depends on the pile of the carpet above it. Padding should be no thicker than 7/16 inch, even for a very deep pile carpet. Too much cushion can actually void a manufacturer's warranty; so, take the time to find the padding that is right for your new carpet.
Due to high demand from our clients, we have started to accept credit card payments for any cleaning service we perform. We are able to accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. Now is the time to stop holding off on getting your carpets professionally cleaned and call us today!
If you have put off getting your carpet cleaned by R&R Carpet Cleaning because we didn't accept credit cards or debit cards, now is the time to give us a call and see how we are able to make your carpets, upholstery, area rugs, and tile and grout look like new again. The longer you put off having your floors and furniture professionally cleaned, the dirtier if will become.
While other companies only accept cash or check for their cleaning services, we know it's important to our clients to have options when it comes to paying for our cleaning services. Whether you are a residential or commercial client, you now have another option when it comes to paying for your cleaning services.
R&R Carpet Cleaning has been serving the Madison, WI area since 1994, so you can rest easy knowing your carpets will be cleaned by a team of experts that take pride in cleaning your carpets, area rugs, tile and grout, furniture, and more. Give us a call today!